Let’s discuss probation versus fine.
Facts About Probation
- The probation is usually one year and will begin the day you sign the papers.
- The cost is around $180 plus the cost of the driving school.
- You will be allowed to pay the $180 over time or immediately.
- If you choose this option, we will send you the payment information after the plea negations. There is also probation paperwork for you to sign. My assistants make this seamless for you; you should be able to sign and upload everything from your phone, computer or tablet.
- The terms of the probation include no moving violation for the year.
- Can you go a whole year without a ticket? (Here’s the thing: if you get a new ticket, you need to contact me immediately.)
Facts About High Fine
- The cost is around $450 plus the cost of the driving school.
- You will be allowed to pay the $450 over time or immediately.
- If you choose this option, we will send you the payment information after the plea negations
- I would choose this option but also know that $450 is still $450.
Sometimes it’s better to choose probation – money is usually the biggest objection to the high fine. I would almost always choose the high fine because the case is done and there is no probation to mess up. If you did get a new ticket, it could mess up this ticket AND the new ticket.
Ultimately it’s up to you.