In my experience at Kansas City, the Prosecutor will offer either probation for the ticket or a high fine. Read below to get descriptions of both.
Facts About Probation
- The probation is one year and will begin the day you sign the papers.
- The cost is around $180.
- You will be allowed to pay the $180 over time or immediately.
- If you choose this option, we will send you the payment information after I speak to the Prosecutor. There is also probation paperwork for you to sign. My assistants make this seamless for you, and you should be able to sign and upload everything from your phone, computer, or tablet.
- The terms of the probation include no moving violation for the year.
- Can you go a whole year without a ticket? (Here’s the thing: if you get a new ticket, you need to contact me immediately.
Facts About High Fine
- The cost is around $450.
- You will be allowed to pay the $450 over time or immediately.
- If you choose this option, we will send you the payment information after I speak to the Prosecutor.
- I would choose this option, but I know that $450 is still $450.
So let me know which option you prefer – fine or probation.